Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Big Apple

One of the best parts of my job is getting to go to all the shows that might have anything new and different pertaining to dogs and cats. Well last week was the New York Gift Show. One of my favorites. What makes the NYGS different from the usual dog & cat shows that I go to, is the NYGS has everything from linens to china, furniture to jewelry, unique fashions to garden gnomes, and everything in between, and to me it's all at cost. There is just so much to see and never enough time, luckily I can always pass up the garden gnomes.
I usually do this trip alone, it's easier for me because I only have myself to worry about. Well on this trip I invited Terry to join me. We left Annapolis around 9:00, I usually leave at 6:30. I had to stop by the store to pick up business cards and my camera....details,details. The drive was petty uneventful beside the usual rest stop at J. Fenimore Cooper. We got to our hotel and checked in, the walked to the Javitz Center. By the time we got started it was already 3:00 and the show closes at 6:00. Oh well, I'll get alot done tomorrow.
We headed to Broadway for a great meal not having any idea where we were going. Terry took a side road here and a turn there and "Voila" a great Spanish Taverna. It was an absolutely fantastic meal, but if I had a gun to my head and had to take someone there, I would never be able to find it again. Thank God that Terry has a sense of direction.

No comments: