Sunday, August 23, 2009

If You Want Something Bad Enough.....

On Friday night before we left for NY, Terry had given me a look inside the birthday weekend he had planned for me. He made sure that Tuesday was covered at the shop, and that Harper and Bear had sitters for the extra days we would be gone.
Terry had made an appointment for a deep tissue massage just for me for Sunday morning at 9am. What a great way to start the day. So much for catching up at the show. All I had to do now was get a cab to "Lather" for an hour of total decadence. I stepped out of the Hotel to hail a cab, and the entire street was blocked of for the New York City Marathon. Can you believe it? That's okay I'll just walk up to Broadway and get one there, nope, Broadway was full of these overzealous runners as well. What drives these people to get up and run 26.2 miles before breakfast. Well it was obvious that my intended route was not going to work.

Welcome to the NY Transit System, aka,"The Subway". After asking a few touristy questions I got on the first correct train.
...then another question to a very nice young guy,who pointed me in the right direction for the 4,5,6 train. Two blocks, and I was at The Spa. Now I'm sure you know that if I was going to the dentist, or going to workout my resolve to get there would not have been as strong as it was for this massage. Aaaahhhh! It was wonderful. Thanks Terry.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Be sure to remind Terry that your favorite nieces birthday is coming up, but I require pre-arranged transportation!!