Monday, September 8, 2008

EUREKA!!!!!!!

Today was my birthday. We got a late start because our bikes were locked in the Youth Hostel's garage. The front desk doesn't open until 9:00am.
In about 42 miles we will be entering the United States at the Montana border in Eureka. The days ride was very pleasant. We got off the main highway onto a much less trafficked, 2 lane. It was flat, but had a vicious sleepy strip, that I nicknamed," The Devils Teeth". Boy, did the Princess's pea hate feeling that mess. The flatness lulled us into a false sense of security. This photo was the last Canadian hill of our adventure. We made it. Karen took this shot after we climbed it.
Now on to Eureka.
These shots were taken right before we crossed the border. Visions of loveliness indeed. When we crossed the border we had to go inside to get our Passports stamped. EUREKA! We meet 3- 50 something girls on motorcycles and decided that's how we'd do it next time. The 8 miles left to our hotel were on the hottest asphalt of the trip. I drank 1 bottle of water and wore the other one. Karen said her wheels were being sucked in from the heat rising on the asphalt or something like that. I just wanted to get there. Once we did, I went to check in with my credit card, DECLINE. It worked yesterday, but it's my birthday, Karen to the rescue. Birthday dinner was a bag of scoop Frito's and salsa. YUMMY. Feel asleep watching the Olympics.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think your body needed better nourishment than fritos and salsa! I love all of your stories!!