Monday, December 8, 2008

Unsolved Mysteries

This post has been put on the back burning due to my processing it, but I know everyone is dying to know how dinner went. It was lovely. We all went to the Chart House for dinner. It's been awhile since I've been there, and the coziness of the lounge chairs and the view is hard to beat in Annapolis.
Now when people have known each other as long as John, Jose and Donna there is never a lull in the conversation. It was the kind of story telling that was as entertaining as it was enjoyable, and I never felt left out. During the conversation I learned that John and I share the same birth date, albeit a few years difference. No wonder I felt such a connection.
After dinner John and I went to my house and watched "Goya's Ghost", a video about the Spanish Inquisition and some of the injustices that occurred because of it. After the movie we called it a night... then a morning... John jumped in the shower, I walked the dogs. We had coffee and yogurt parfaits, talked very easily. I kissed him good bye at the door, never to see or hear from him again.
Now don't get me wrong. I knew going into this that it would be brief, that was part of the attraction, but I didn't think it would be quite that brief. Whenever I have fun with someone, and I don't ever hear from them again, I am continually playing back the whole scenario, wondering what the hell happen. We had talked about it being an interlude, about other relationships, about family, even about him meeting the 3 of us in Panama.
As much as I would like to think he was afraid of falling head over heals for me, I know he just wasn't that into me. So instead of having a friend in New Mexico, because let's face it, you can never have enough friends in warm weather locales. I have a new notch on the bed post, whose name I won't even remember in another week.... I Win!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

No worries...Trey's dad is still single!!