Monday, February 23, 2009

I Love Me Some Park







Every time I go to a Park I need to see and do everything. So after the photo session our first stop is the goat pen. We bought up all the bottles of milk they had, and tried to keep our fingers intact while the kids drank.
Next stop, the zip line. They didn't have a roller coaster and you know how I love speed. I'm riding with
Courtney, the brains behind keeping "Hands ATA" organized, Tom Crusse, the funniest nurse I have ever met, and Dr. David of Ob/Gyn fame. Now Jose (Donna's husband), took some great videos of our ride but after many failed attempts to upload them you'll just have to read about it.
We went up backwards in groups of 4. Courtney lost a tennis shoe on the way up. Our poor tour guide,(the same that just took a single photo on 47 cameras) made a retrieval that would have put Spiderman to shame. I luckily took off my flip flops before the ride up. On the way down speed would pick up and at the very end they had this giant soft mat that stopped the ride with a tremendous splat. Now some of the more cautious riders, DAVID, would use the hand brake and not splat the mat at all. I, on the other hand, made such a splat that if I had been a balloon filled with paint, I would have turned the canyon into a Jackson Pollack painting. The adoring crowd gave my run a 10. My neck, my neck.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That zip line sounds like a good time. We should have traded places...me on the zip line and you on Koko Head!