Friday, March 20, 2009

Asheville & The Biltmore

We make it to Asheville after another 2 hours on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Terry is really a great travel companion. We never seem to run out of things to talk about. He has a wonderful sense of humor and actually seems to get me. It's a little scary how well we mesh, and this is after 3 full days together. Anyway.....
...we make it to The Biltmore. The largest home in North America. Now I must say this place is magnificent. The exterior has the kind of workmanship that seems to have vanished with the Old World. The intricacy in detail rivals
some of Europes finest structures.




After touring the home we went to the refurbished stables for lunch. Lunch was all Terry's because he lost a bet. In the movie "Same Time Next Year", he bet that Carol Burnett played the lead opposite Alan Alda. That, being a favorite movie of mine, was a no brainer.
"May I see a wine list please" and "I'm so full, but I've got to order dessert". Terry learned not to bet against me. haha ....and YES we're still talking. He really is a good sport.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm rooting for Terry.

The Gunning Family said...

Sara's comment is perfect - and I agree, I am rooting for Terry! Love you and glad to hear/see you having so much fun! Donna