Friday, March 13, 2009

Island of Natives

Today we head to an Island that the native Indians live on. Getting there we passed through a small glade covered by palms and mangroves. As the river takes us deeper into the forest I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone. Floating through this actually made you feel like you had gone to a third world country. Oh, We had!
Once there, we took a tour of their portion of rain forest. The vegetation was lush, and the mosquito's were huge and hungry. Thank heaven Jose brought "Off" and promised to share it with me if I promised to stop saying, "How Cool Is That". I did my best. Deeper in the jungle we saw monkeys, sloths, snakes, hummingbirds and even a cayman, which is a smaller version of a crocodile.
It was an experience to remember. As we finished our tour, the native children gathered around Donna for a final snapshot. Tomorrow we head home.

No comments: