Tuesday, March 17, 2009

REdecorating Kathy's

One of the best things about going to Kathy's is she let's me do whatever I want to her house.
Kris and I started in her TV room, we moved every piece of furniture including her TV which required more cable wire. Off Kris and Kathy go, with my measurement of 100yards, to buy said wire. 100 YARDS? Yes, I know that is the length of a football field. I though her closet was deeper than it was. Needless to say, 85 yards of wire are rolled up in the corner of her closet. Never let someone with a 7th grade math level give you measurements.
Then I hung her black and white photos in her stairway. Now I have poster size black and whites in my stairway. Kathy used all black and white family photo's in her hall. It required alot more photos, but the end result was really nice. Of course I don't have any photos to share.
After the redesigning, we all head out to get pedicures and manicures for the big surprise party.
The cake was really pretty, but they used this icing that might as well have been flavored candle wax. What ever happened to the really yummy, gooey, loose your finger to the first knuckle,tons of butter and sugar icing? I really didn't need it anyway.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You can't decorate cakes with the yummy icing, so they use that hard crappy icing to make the cake look pretty!
Oh, and when Trey and I move back to the mainland and buy our house you better believe you're going to be my interior designer!

Sara said...

With you on the terrible tasting frosting. What's the point of a cake that looks pretty but tastes crummy. I personally hate fondant.