Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Asian Delicacies.

From the Tea Ceremony we continued on to the reception. It was held at an enormous Chinese Restaurant in which we had the back section. All the table were arranged and we were the first group to arrive. Nothing unusual about that, but an hour and a half later we were still the only ones there. I looked at the Groom's grandfather and said, "I wonder if anyone else is coming", and without batting an eye he said " There is gonna be alot of left over duck". I thought I was going to wet my pants. We became good friends from there on out. Finally the place starts filling up, thank you Baby Jesus, because I am starving.
The first round of dishes comes out and it is pressed meat of some sort. It looked like bologna with gelatin pressed into it, some pressed white meat was also on the platter. There was another meat that was truly indescribable, even the color was scary. Take those 3 loaves of meat and put them on a bed that looked like sauerkraut, but is really jellyfish tentacles and there you have our first course. YUMMY!! Now, I don't even eat normal Caucasian seafood, jellyfish tentacles was never in the running.
You're probably wonder what they did with all the jellyfish heads separated from the 1st course tentacles. Bring on the 2nd course, Jellyfish Heads. Waste not, Want not, and I really mean it when I say, "Want? Not".
.
These dishes are actual delicacies in Asia. From jelly fish we went on to shark fin soup, fried lobster, shrimp somethingorother and the list goes on and on. Terry's brother Michael holds the JellyHead up as Barbie (his wife) pours another glass of wine to wash hers down. After the 5th or 6th exotic dish came out, Terry told the waiter that I didn't eat seafood. He graciously brought out a large dish of chicken fried rice. I have never seen a plate of food disappear so quickly, and coming from a family of 8, that is a feat.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Whahaha! Too funny. Chicken Fried rice brings new meanings.