Sunday, April 25, 2010

Walking Wounded


At the end of my race I waited at the finish line for Kris. We passed each other twice on the course, cheering each other on at each encounter. When I see Kris coming through the finish line, I start cheering and am amazed at her stamina. Not many people would have taken on the challenge of a triathlon, Kris seemed charged by it. What I didn't notice is Kris is wounded. She fell on the trail during the run, the pavement was uneven, and of all the spots on the trail Kris found it. She was stopped by about 20 volunteers to see if she needed assistance, and Kris said,"If I couldn't win, I figure I'd go for the pity vote". The worst part about it was I didn't have my camera, so wouldn't let her clean it up until we got home. It's all about the "Blog".
All in all it was a wonderful day and I got to do something with my sister for the first time in her life.

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Awesome - so proud of both of you!

Rachel said...

Yeah for you both!! You guys are in way better shape than me! And leave it to my mom to get injured.