Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bellows Beach

After our invigorating hike we decided it was time for lunch. We had planned to go to the Subway because it was next to the beach Rachel had picked out for us that afternoon, The Bellows. Unfortunately due to a water break, Subway was closed, so we went to The Bellows Snack Shack. After lunch we hit the beach. Now I have been to alot of beaches in my day, and I have to say Hawaiian Beaches are among my favorite. Aqua-marine waters, Carolina blue skies, puffy white clouds, a lush mountain range as a back drop to it all, it was my paradise.


Kris took care of Riley's entertainment, while Rachel had Hadley in tow. Rachel had the light duty because after about 30 minutes Hadley was ready for a nap. Of course the nap was not before Rachel got stung, for the 2nd time in 3 weeks by a Portuguese man-o-war. There had to be 10 kids in and out of the water bogey boarding for the 3 hours we were there, not one of them got stung. Rachel is in the water not even up to her knees for 3 minutes and gets stung. What are the odds?
After being doused by the lifeguard with some sort of de-sting spray, Rachel just kept on keeping on. I love these mommy-baby shots.

While mommy and baby were getting stung and sprayed. Kiki was playing with Riley, and I do mean non-stop. Running in and out of the water to fill buckets for sand castles, digging in the sand, I'm telling you I was exhausted just watching them. This is not a 15 minute play session, this is the entire time we are at the beach. Now you have to understand the whole time Kiki is playing, she is bent at the waist, so she can be closer to Riley. So not only am I exhausted, now my back hurts. Of course my back was nothing, during all this play time Kiki forgot her sunblock. Aloe is now her best friend.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so good to read your blogs again! Looks marvelous there!
xoxo Donna

Sara said...

Adorable! Love the snoozing photo. Looks like an awesome time!