Saturday, August 28, 2010

Full Day of Sun


Watching Rachel with her 2 girls is amazing. She is such a loving mother, her girls both adore her. It is really nice to watch their interactions. Rachel has the morning routine with the girls down to a science. I am in awe just watching how smoothly the drill runs. Once they have been taken care of Kiki takes over, and Rachel can jump in the shower herself. What does she do when she is by herself? Today we are heading to Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail. This is a breathtaking (literally) hike up the side of a hill with the Pacific Ocean surrounding the trail. It is the first real exercise I have done since the boot has been taken off, and I feel great. It is just so nice to be out in the open and doing something physical, of course being in Hawaii while I'm doing it certainly doesn't hurt. Now I am walking up this hill with the sun in my face and all is right with my world. Riley decides she will walk with the big girls. I am thrilled with this because I can use Miss Riley as my excuse to go slowly. When Kris and Riley fall a little behind they both come charging up the hill to catch up.
Rachel, who after this trip will always be "Wonder Woman" in my eyes, not only gets herself up the trail, but does it while pushing both girls. That is an extra 52 pounds. I, of course, offered to push it on the way down.

No comments: