Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gentle Rolling Hills

        Before I continue on my whining spree I just need to give you my description of gentle rolling hills.  They are small or medium slopes in the road.  The kind that going down one hill takes you 3/4 of the way up the next hill.  If you every get on a 5 mile stretch of this kind of road it is a bikers dream, unless of course there is no shoulder and you are passed by semi's and RV's all day.  On day 2 we take a different direction up the same volcano. 
     Around mile 5 we stop at a local farmer's  that our guide knows personally.  I am now of the mind set, anything to get off the bike is okay by me. This is how you see our bikes arranged at such a stop.  My only hope is my bike is gone before the first climb.


 The fruit was delicious.  The papaya was so fresh, but I guess that's because it was right off the vine.  We drank coconut milk out of the shell.  Now for those of you who have never had coconut milk aside from in a pina colada, it is sweet.  Sickening sweet to be precise.
Our gracious host thought it best for each of us to have our own coconut.  I only took a small sip and gave a big "Yummy", Tom on the other hand drank like it was elixir of the gods.



    

1 comment:

Sara said...

Interesting, the buko juice in the Philippines wasn't too sweet at all. Did you know buko juice is the best electrolyte replenishment, way better than Gatorade. If you ever get tummy troubles in a foreign country buko (coconut) juice is the best thing for you!