Monday, July 28, 2008

Tri Tri Again

The only way to tell you about the weekend is to start at the beginning.
About 6 weeks ago I had to replace my windshield. Ever since the replacement, if you go over 60miles an hour, the windshield whistles. And I don't mean a happy tune whistle, I mean a high pitch, monotone, call every loose dog in the neighborhood whistle. I had the windshield replaced again with the same results. The repairman tells me it's something with the body of the car. Great we're leaving tomorrow. Now 5, 10 even 15 minutes of this whistle even I could have handled, but 8 hours. If you think I'm exaggerating, try listening to whale calls for the same amount of time and remember that we only had one note whale calls. Okay enough of the windshield. Let's talk gas prices. In West Haven, Connecticut a fill up was has much as a round trip ticket to Boston on Southwest. We finally make it to our destination, Worcester, MA.
Now for those of you who have not been to Worcester; do not, I repeat, DO NOT,put it on your places to go before I die list. It is, bar none, the weirdest town I have ever been to. Kris described it as "Stepping into the Twilight Zone", and I think she was being kind. We finally find a restaurant open, close to our hotel and fill up. Watch a little TV, read, cross stitch and we call it a day.
Saturday, the day before race day, we walk around looking for breakfast. Little did we know that in "The Twilight Zone" restaurants and cafes aren't open on Saturday morning, so back to the hotel for breakfast. Then onto the DCU Convention Center for check-in and orientation. This was great for Kris, she got to see how many actual first-timers there were. I hoped it would help reduce her fear factor, she was a warrior. To be continued.....

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I heard all about the trip. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your car...I guess that's what happens in the twilight zone!