Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ready Or Not

Most of you know that Kris, Karen and I will be heading to New England for the Danskin Triathlon this weekend, but not many of you know what goes into the preparation for such a feat. So I'm going to briefly describe the training that a committed athlete will put into the preparation, and then of course what I did to get ready.
6 months prior to race
Committed Athlete- Start Exercise Journal, entering length of swim, bike, or run each day you train.
Me- What Triathlon?
1-5 months prior to race
CA- Lengthen distance of each sport, go from training 5 days to 7.
Me- Walk dogs, Watch Little People, Big World Marathon.
Week of Race
CA- Check all equipment to make sure in proper working order. Maintain Healthy Diet.
Me- Watch Tour de France, while eating all my Weight Watcher points in one sitting.
Day Before
CA-Wipe Bike down, check list of gear, eat a Big Dinner of Carbs and Protein, get a good night sleep.
Me- Try to get dog smell out of car for road trip, wipe dog snot off all windows, work on my tan, ask Kris what she's wearing on the trip up, eat Big Dinner of Carbs and Carbs.
The next post will be the results. I know you'll all be on pins and needles until our return. Stay Tuned......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your blog! I'm glad you're feeling better. Good luck this weekend...do you say "break a leg" for good luck???? Val

Kake said...

Ah yes and then there's my motto, "Start slow and ease up". Not the usual Tri spirit. But heh it works for me. Good description of your training regime. Mine has been similar only with big emphasis on proper rest. Take today for example....Up at 7AM, back down for a nap at 9:49! Looking forward to the weekend.