Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shangra blah

Every year around this time, my friend Kathy goes to Dallas for a 10 day seminar. She is one of the upper echelon with Mary Kay Cosmetics. She asks me to stay at her home to take care of her 4 year old, Rudy. And yes! Rudy's a dog. Can you imagine me and a 4 year old child for 10 days? 911, What's your emergency?
Staying at Kathy's is always a pleasure. I call it Shangralah. She lives in a very secluded area off the beaten path. I'm guessing she has a little over 2 acres, most of it fenced in. Added perks are the pool, pool house, pond, more gardens than I ever want to weed, a potting shed and the list goes on. The problem with my stay this time is I came with a bug. I'm not sure where, what, who or how, I just know I got it bad. It actually hurt to read. Today is the first day I've been out of bed. I sure hope it won't effect my chances of getting on the Wheaties Box after the triathlon next week.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shangralah misses you. Rudy, who is only 3 1/2, was so happy to have you and the boys here. The frogs are singing your favorite tune right now! Riley, the cat, is upset that you didn't mention him. He sends meows! Love and hugs, K