Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Girlfriends & Music

Last night 5 friends and I went to see Shelby Lynne at Rams Head. We meet at Sly Fox's outdoor cafe for a bite to eat before heading to Ram's Head. It always amazes me how quickly time gets away from you when a group who hasn't seen each other for a while gets together. We probably could have spent the whole night there just catching up. Katie's trip to Scotland, Laurie's upcoming wedding, Donna and Ellen's sister weekend, Kris's new grandchildren and of course whatever my topic du jour may be. Five minutes before the concert started we realized we needed to get a check, divide it by six and get there without getting nasty stares from the early birds. We made it.
Jim Bianco open for Shelby Lynne. He had a raspy voice which I found kinda sexy. One of my favorites was "Pain Killer". Yes, It was a love song. His in between song banter showed off an easy humor that I found very attractive. What is it about a musician that always makes me want to have clean shaven legs? Aaaahhhh... Shelby and her band came on and rocked. I really like her style of singing. She also introduced some songs from her new album, paying homage to one of her idles, Dusty Springfield. She was great. I always enjoy a good show, throw some good friends in the mix and have me in bed by 9:45pm and I have just had a perfect evening.

No comments: