Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Adventure Begins

I know many of you have been waiting patiently for the "Holiday Highlights", so here goes. So many things happened on our 10 day biking sojourn, that I'm going to try to give you the condensed version. I will also be splitting it up, or you can just wait for the movie to come out.
I though it was important to get a before shot, so here Karen Karos and I are at O'dark:00 getting ready to board the flight to Adventure Land. We arrive in Kalispell at 1:30 and catch a shuttle to our hotel, then on to Bikology to pick up my rental and Karen's bike. Now we have been planning this trip for some time, and I know Karen set up my bike rental back in February or March. Karen had her bike shipped 2 weeks prior to our arrival. They knew when we would be arriving, so we were very surprised when our bikes weren't quite ready. Now 30-40 minutes is understandable, but 3 hours is a bit much. We are now on Montana-time. The workers at the shop were great, but boy did they love to talk. All that there was time to do afterwards was head to Red,Wine and Blues for dinner. We both had our 1st taste of Yak in the form of burgers. Yummy. More on Yak later. Get a good night sleep, tomorrow we hit the road.


1 comment:

The Gunning Family said...

Oh how fun! I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Keep 'em coming.

Love, Donna