Friday, August 8, 2008

Gold & Silver

When I was in Girl Scouts we learned a song that went something like this; "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold". Those words have stayed with me throughout life.
Earlier in the week I had the pleasure of being invited to an old and very dear friend's house for dinner. Once there, Pat and her partner, Pat O' made me feel right at home. I had met Pat O' before, but only briefly. Never really long enough to get to know her. The girls and I have a passion for travel. When I tell you that some of their travel adventures are worthy of a TV Sitcom, I kid you not. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. Each of their stories were funnier than the last, and all true. After a delicious meal of grilled steak and vegetables we retired to there screened in porch to continue with the merriment. It was one of those evenings that you hate to end. I actually stayed until 9:30, which most of you know is 3 hours past my brain functioning.
I left with a happy heart and the top two podiums in friendship.

No comments: