Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Indian Names

As we continue to pedal through Gustav Jr. we enter the Blackfeet Indian Reservation. The Blackfeet were among the most fierce and feared of all American Indians. The mountain in the background is called Chief Mountain. Young braves still climb to the top to engage in their vision quest. Maybe I'll plan that for next year, NOT.
While on Chief Mountain Highway we encounter wandering cows everywhere. We are also riding along a wooded area known for both the berry bushes and the bears that eat those berries. At this point, with the headwinds being what they were, I was almost praying for a bear attack to put me out of my misery.
While on the reservation we decided to adopt an Indian name. I became "Walks With Bike".
Karen rides with clip-in shoes, they attach to the pedals with a simple twist. When concentrating on something else it is very easy to go over with the bike , your feet still attached to the pedals. Karen did this a number of times and has the battle scars to prove it. Thus becoming "Falling Turtle".

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You look fabulous! I'm loving your stories...they crack me up!