Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What Goes Around.....

Please forgive the lack of photos on this entry, I was too weak to retrieve my camera.

We continue to fight the head winds, and with about 20 miles to go until we hit Waterton National Park, in Alberta, Canada-we make a major decision. From now on, any truck that goes by, we're sticking our thumbs out. Safety be damned. Car, 20 minutes, another smaller car, car...Where are all the RV's that were crowding us off the road going to Logan Pass? Ah! finally a truck, thumbs out, Whooosh on by. *@!# /* I think I can, I think I can...
We hit the Canadian Border about 20 minutes later. The same truck that whoooshed by us was now being strip searched. How's that for Karma? We asked the border patrol if there was any way we could call someone to pick us up, he assured us that the rest of the way to Waterton was downhill. We should really give it a shot. We did.
We made it to Waterton, and now have 8 miles to get to our Youth Hostel. Yes, we're allowed to stay there. We have one hill to conquer before getting there,and I am telling you I am mush. We both make it up the hill, mainly because the kid at the gate said he rides it to work everyday. Did I mention how cute this young thing was?
So here we are on the straight away, and 2 cars slow down to let us know that a bear just crossed the street. He is on our side of the road, and thank the Living Lord we were on a downhill. He was tucked nicely in with the berry trees and I do believe I would have missed him all together, if the cars hadn't given a heads up.
We make it to the International Youth Hostel and I am utterly exhausted. We head to a convenience store, stock up on junk food that will consist of dinner that night. We don't venture out for the rest of the evening. I now know how the Wicked Witch felt when she was hit with the bucket 0f water. 5 more days to go.

1 comment:

Kake said...

You forgot to mention that we were too beat to get food or clean towels!