Monday, September 8, 2008

Rest Day

I don't know if I've mentioned that this entire trip was planned by my biking crony. That's right, Karen Karos planned the trip in it's entirety. I mention this because somehow she had the foresight to give us a day off after the 2 most grueling days of biking I have ever endured. I can't think of a better place to have spent the day then Waterton. This is a quaint little town that has somehow missed the crush of tourism. Outside our YOUTH Hostel was a field used for the local deer population's breakfast buffet. They were everywhere. I sat on a bench in the field writing postcards. It was a very calming space, just me and Bambi. Karen was recovering in bed. After walking through the town, the rolls were reversed. I took a cozy nap while Karen strolled. We went to Tuscano's and had a delicious pasta meal to build up our carbs for the upcoming day. Gotta love pasta. The evening was a little noisy and sleep was sporadic. The only disadvantage of staying at a YOUTH Hostel, but I was young once too.

No comments: