Monday, September 22, 2008

Sheepdog-O-Rama


When I opened Woofs & Whiskers 4 years ago Harper, my Old English Sheepdog, was very nearly one of a kind in this area. Since people have gotten to know Harper and a little more about the breed, Old English Sheepdogs have become slightly more popular. It began with Kate acquiring Duchess (my nickname from my Grandfather on my Dad's side). Then Sue and Steve got Jack, their daughter Jen adopted Jack's mom, Michelle, and one of my neighbors Donna, chose Winslow from the same liter. Did you follow all that?
With all the sheepdogs in the area, some of us thought it would be brilliant to get them all together, and since it wasn't going to be at my house, I was all for it. Sue and Steve took on the mission. They had all the required necessities for a more than 2, large dog party (i.e.- big fenced in backyard). The final total was 6 sheepdogs and 1 sheltie. All the sheepdogs came from the same breeder, so were related. 4 of them were brothers and their mom, Michelle was there. Then of course Miss Harper, the one who started it all. It really was a great day, and fun was had by all. Thanks again Steve and Sue. When's the next one?


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the group shot of the dogs with their parents!! If Riley were there she could've saddled one of them up and taken a ride!!

Donna said...

Thank YOU Terry, for the introduction to a wonderful breed. I appreciate your sharing Harper, and then Winslow with me. Such great dogs...