Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank You Mood.


Anyone who knows me, knows that "Project Runway" is one of my favorite indulgences. I watch it every Wednesday, and have been known to watch the marathons on the weekend. So after pulling a weekend of all 5 seasons, I decide,I'm going to start sewing again.
I'll start off slow, then get into the tailored stuff. My first project, tablecloths for the shop's front porch. Just think of the money I'm going to save by not buying the ready made square clothes from Bed, Bath & Beyond. Off to JoAnne's Fabrics.... I get 2 fall fabrics, and 2 Christmas themed, 3 yards of each, some thread and a new pack of sewing machine needles. Well, I get to the register and the total comes to $111.57. Holy Moly. ...and I still have to cut and sew the stupid things. What was I thinking? To add insult to injury I go into Bed, Bath &Beyond and find 2 square cloths for $9.95 each. I guess I needed Tim Gunn to tell me how much I was allowed to spend. The really sad part is once I put all the sale items on the tables all you can see are the corners. Oh well, looks like the tailored suits will be put on hold.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Project Runway is my fave!! And your tablecloths are lovely...definitely look designer! You're not going to start talking in third person like Suede are you??