Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lessons From Riley

Most of you know that I am only as happy as my next adventure. Well now that Montana is behind me, I'm planning my next trip. I'm going to Panama and Columbia, South America. My good friend and neighbor, Donna, is a nurse at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore. Every year Mercy Hospital sends volunteers to poorer sections of Countries to give free and much needed medical assistance. When Donna told me she had signed up, I asked if they needed any non-medical assistance. 2 weeks later I got the green light.
Now the fun begins, shot city. That's right, because it's a medical mission I've got to immunize myself against things that I've only heard of, or read about. The best part is I can't get them through my GP, I've got to go to a shot clinic and pay full price for them. I guess this whining won't be getting me the Mother Theresa Award. I go Friday, October 10th for malaria, typhoid, tetanus and the 1st round of hepatitis B. I just hope I do as well as my great niece Riley.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Just remember to take your binky!! It worked like a charm for Riley! After all those shots you'll be able to visit the Phillipines!

The Gunning Family said...

Aside from the shots, it sounds like an amazing trip ... when do you go? Donna

Donna said...

I'm proud to know you!