Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Martha Strikes Again.

As I have said before, I'm trying to do things myself that normally I would have had a professional do. This weekend I tackled removing carpet from the laundry room. Removing the carpet was actually pretty easy. It was the tack strip, albeit easy,that took a little bit of time. This is something I've been wanting to do since I moved in, but I put it off because something more interesting was going on. Paint drying, grass growing, anything not to do it,you know the feeling. Anyway.... The community dumpster was going to be here for 2 days, so I had to git-r-done. It never ceases to amaze me, that once I get started on something that I've put off for so long, I wonder why it was so much tougher in my head. It really is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. The hardest part of the entire job was lugging the carpet upstairs. Nike has the perfect tag line for me,"Just Do It".

No comments: