Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Winter Projects

In the process of getting my downstairs in order I came across 2 plastic containers filled with fabric. I have been wanting to make a quilt ever since my sister Kris made 4. I figured the only way I'd ever make one is by making it with 4 jumbo squares. Unlike Kris's, which was made of thousands of 2in. by 4in. squares. I know myself well enough to know I have neither the patience, nor the patience to try to tackle something of that scale. So I opted for something in the middle. There was never any question as to the pattern I would choose. Squares, plain and simple. No diamonds, no stars, no animal shape cut-outs, nope it's squares all the way. So after counting and cutting the numbers needed, I was spent. How in the hell my sister made 2 at once with about 40 different fabric swatches is still a mystery to me. My dinning room looks like MOOD burped up fabrics. Notice I didn't post that photo.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

My mom is definitely talented! But now that you mention her making quilts, I'm still waiting for Riley's! Perhaps you'd like to help her with that to get some practice and then I'll get it quicker!