Monday, November 17, 2008

Rehobeth Getaway

As most of my friends know I am still dabbling in pet sitting. I often watch 2 teacup poodles, aka, "The French Girls". They belong to Todd, one of the owners of Morgan Gerard Salon. Throughout the summer I've had "the girls" for a few overnight stays.... So getting to the point, Todd usually gives me free spa treatments in exchange for pet sitting. Not a bad deal, but I asked if instead of a day of unadulterated pampering, I could use his house at the beach for a weekend. I wouldn't use it until off season, so Todd agreed with no hesitation.
So last Friday Kris and I head to the beach, but not before a detour to a friend's house who is putting on an art exhibit with other artisans. Kris and I both left with original paintings for ourselves, and Kris got a jump on her Christmas shopping. We finally get to the beach house and it is yummy. The 3 upstairs bedrooms each had a king size bed. Kris and I both picked our rooms out. Kevin was going to join us that evening but after a 17 hour day, he opted to join us in the morning. It was almost 9:15pm, Kris figured out the 3 remotes, and I decided to take "The Memoirs of Cleopatra" to bed and sleep with my king.

No comments: