Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sunday is Funday.

Last Sunday I got a real early start on my day by taking the dogs over to the high school around 6:30. We met up with Claudia and her yellow Lab, Moses. After a good 45 minute run/walk I took the pups over to Bob's house to wrap gifts for him. I love wrapping gifts, and Bob seems to buy something for everyone he knows. He does it all year long, so by the time December comes he has so much stuff to wrap, I feel like a kid in a candy store. Paper galore, ribbons in all shapes colors, bags, boxes, it rivals Santa's workshop. This was just the beginning. I've got probably half of the gifts wrapped here.
After about 3 hours of wrapping I headed home, showered, then dashed off to Anthropologie to take full advantage of my 40% discount. May I tell you, I had a ball. I don't think I've really bought any nice new clothes since I left Matthew. A bunch of the girls that I worked with were there and could not have been more helpful. 2 hours and a few dollars later I left with some really fun stuff. There's alot to be said for retail therapy. I feel great.
From there Donna, Jose and I headed to Towson for our orientation on our Mission to Bucaramanga, Colombia (thanks JT). After meeting some of the other and hearing more about the trip, I am now officially excited. Donna and one of the other volunteers check out locations on the map.
We all had to sign a waiver releasing Hands Across the America's of any responsibility in case of acts of terrorism, kidnapping and whatever else might happen while I am pursuing Sainthood. Afterwards we headed to G&M for the best crab cakes in Maryland. I, of course, had Chicken and Broccoli over fettuccine. It was the perfect ending to a great day.

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

I fully support your campaign for sainthood. Is there someone in particular we should begin praying too now in the hopes of avoiding of those "acts"? I am actually jealous - when the kids are gone, Brian and I would love to take a trip like this - maybe after we win the Amazing Race! Love, Donna

Rachel said...

So I see since Mr. New Mexico didn't work out you've back tracked to Bob! Just wondering what Bob got me for Christmas because he buys for everyone he knows!! I hope he didn't spend too much on me.