Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life at the Club

When I signed up for this mission I had no idea that our base camp would be a Country Club, not that I'm complaining mind you. Not only did we have a pristine pool to swim laps in, but an 18 hole golf course and every other amenity that goes with the Country Club life style. All the veterans of previous missions, called ours,"Mission Lite". Well, if I can make Sainthood lying by a pool who am I to interfere with God's plan. haha Not only am I laying by the pool, I'm laying next to Tom Crusse. Yes, you read correctly and No, I did not misspell his name. Tom Crusse was one of the nurses on the mission and he and I became fast friends. We hung out at the pool until around 2:00, showered and meet as an entire group for the first time. We sat around in a circle got to know a little about everyone. We've got quite a cast of characters. It's going to be a great week.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I thought your were going to be shacked up in tents or something. You were living the life. I don't think you really went on a mission!