Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ravens vs Steelers

So our first day in the trenches is over. We arrived at 7:30am and are leaving at 6:30pm. I am running on empty but the Ravens are in the playoffs. Now anyone who knows me, knows that I usually hit the wall at 4:00, but in Colombia I have been introduced to "tinto". At the clinic, around 3:00pm, these uniformed ladies came from out of nowhere with trays full of small cups of coffee with sugar already mixed in. These cups could not have been more than a swallow or two, but boy did they pack a punch. We love tinto. After 3 tintos I was ready for an 8:00 game.
Now let me introduce the founders of "Hands Across the Americas". This is Jen and Steve Diamond. They are the salt of the earth. They were so down to earth and so passionate about everything connected to their mission work. To show their gratitude to everyone connected with the group they planned a Ravens-Steelers party back at the "Club". It was wonderful. After a full day of work it was so nice to unwind with the people who had been through what you just had. There was a full spread of all the local delicacies and because of "tinto" I was able to stay awake to enjoy them. Okay, so I left after the 1st quarter, it was 9:00pm and we have to do this again tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: