Friday, March 20, 2009

The Longest Third Date.

Terry and I have been getting along so well, that we decide to take an extended weekend and go to Asheville, NC. I think a thousand plus mile road trip is a great litmus test for any new relationship. I wonder if Terry knew what he was getting into.
We hit the road on Saturday morning and head to Charlottesville, VA and to the home of Thomas Jefferson. I have had a secret crush on Thomas Jefferson ever since watching the HBOspecial, "John Adams". He is a little stiff in this photo with Terry and I.

After saying our hellos to T.J., we walk the grounds until our tour of his beloved Monticello began. Monticello sits on top of a hill and has a magnificent view of UVA. The better for TJ to watch the progress of his plans for the college. The home was lovely. It's hard to believe that after his death the home fell into disrepair. You would never know it to look at it today.
After having an espresso at an outdoor cafe, we head to Lynchburg and call it a day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think road trips are the best way to get to know somebody...there is no escaping a moving vehicle. Trey and I made a road trip to St. Louis when we were first dating and had a blast.