Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All's Well In Terrytowne

After our little misunderstanding, and one full day without conversation, Terry and I talked things over and smoothed things out.  What a concept!   The following Friday I gave him a ride, (and waited like the patient, loving girlfriend I am) to a medical procedure that left him too doped-up to drive home. 
We went and grabbed a bite to eat, totally ignoring Doctor's orders to go straight home and get some rest.  Throughout breakfast Terry was a little looped up, which I found rather endearing.
Since he doesn't drink, I've never really seen him with a buzz.  May I just say, he was really cute.
You know saying all the sweet things you love to hear, just saying them 3 and 4 times each.  We finish up breakfast, then we head to his house for the R&R the doctor had prescribed. 
We sat on his couch, and he jumped up, as only one on Darvon can, and told me he had a present for me.  He came back with a velveteen jewelery bag.  OhLaLa!!!!   Out came the most beautiful birthstone ring.  It was an oval peridot, set in yellow gold with diamonds in the band surrounding it, and then he asked me to go steady.  I said, "Yes", then proceeded to tell him he was to have this procedure once a month.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This story made me giggle like a little school girl. Awww...my auntie has a steady boyfriend! I didn't know adults used that language!

The Gunning Family said...

That is so cute ... glad to know all is well. Just wondering when we get to meet wonder boy? Love you ...Donna