Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meeting the Girls


Most of you who follow my blog know that I'm now going into my 5th month of dating Terry. You may also remember that he is a widower. Last Saturday I met Arlene's ( his deceased wife), 2 grown daughters. Now, I am not usually worried about meeting people. I am much like Popeye in that, "I yam who I yam". At this stage in the game not much chance of completely changing to suit someone else, but I digress.
I wanted the girls to like me.
I planned on making a Tuna Nicoise for dinner. Simple, healthy and refreshing for such a warm Saturday. The girls were due to arrive around 3:30, I figured we could all pitch in on the salad and get to know one another. Well, the girls called about 3:45, and were just leaving... Oh! did I mention they were coming from Philly. I start putting the salad together as Terry fumes around the house. I have already decided that I will be leaving around 8:30, so no one (mostly myself) felt uncomfortable about being in their mother's bed overnight. It just made sense.
Katie and Emily pulled in around 6:00. Katie is 26, and Emily will be turning 30 next weekend. They could not have been any sweeter. We had a lovely dinner outside by the water, and talked about all different things. I headed out as planned, and later Terry said I got 2 thumbs up.
Who didn't know that?






1 comment:

Rachel said...

So pretty much Terry's daughters are like you...never on time!! Ha Ha!