Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Same Hike, New Adventure.

After we drag Bear and Ireland from their day of beauty, we all continue on the trail. It dries up nicely further on. We reach this lovely stream where we all have a chance to clean some of the mud off our shoes and paws. In Bear and Ireland's case their belly's. Michaela climbs some of the fallen trees from Isabella, and I snap some shots while everyone rinses off. Well almost everyone...."Has anybody seen Layla". I know I saw her a minute ago, but in Jack Russell that could be 2 miles. SHIT!!! Okay, Donna you go one way and we'll back track. Neither Traci nor I were looking forward to repeating the muddy mess we just came through. I'm looking in the stream thinking,"what am I going to tell John"? Could an eagle have come down and taken her without any of us seeing it? Maybe a fox? Why isn't she barking now? SHIT!!! Traci and I back track up to the mud, and decide there is no way she went that way, we head back to where we separated from Donna, and got a cell call letting us know Layla ran back to the car. Generally as a rule these nature hikes take the stress away, revitalize and put me back in tune with all the beauty that surrounds me. Suffice it to say this was not the case on Sunday.
I leave another message on John's cell.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Perhaps you should have put Layla on a leash! I see who you won't be "jacking" up again!