Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleeps With Dogs

I have never made it a secret that I sleep with dogs, at least the four legged type. I even have a bumper sticker on my car that lets the world know. Well.... Miss Layla, John & Chris's dog, is no exception. As we get ready for bed up jumps Miss Layla. Terry, my new paramour, is not quite as keen with the sleeping arrangement, but as long as she stays on my side of the bed, everyone is happy. So we all settle in for a long springs nap. No Such Luck. Miss Layla has very sensitive ears and barks at everything she hears, this includes my 2 dogs, the heater, the clock ticking, our breathing...needless to say it made for a fitful night of sleep.
The next morning I called Donna again, at a respectable 10:30, for John's cell number. My message, "When will you be picking this *#@* dog up"?
FYI... Terry has passed the "Must love dogs" test.

No comments: