Monday, April 6, 2009

Layla Gets Jacked.

Saturday I start my usual day by taking the dogs over to the high school for their weekend romp. Donna and Winslow usually accompany me, and today we have our cousin Layla. John was suppose to drop Layla off at 7:00am, before heading to South County for Zach's baseball tournament. Well 7:15 comes and goes, 7:30 comes and goes, no Layla. Being the ever vigilant sister, I have no one's cell phone but Kris's and Kathy's. I try to call Kris...no answer. Then who comes to mind, Donna Gunning, she has all the numbers. Now mind you, it's 7:30am on a Saturday and Donna G. has grown children that probably sleep until they have to go to work. Her first question was, " Is everything alright"? Mine would have been, "Do you know what !#*!^ time it is"? "Thanks, Donna G." I never got the number, go figure Donna doesn't sleep with her cell phone, and I figured I pressed my luck enough for that early in the morning.
Now my dogs, Donna and Winslow all have their legs crossed, so I left a note on the door and we headed to the high school. Of course we pass Mr.Mope-a-Dope leaving the neighborhood. John does a "U"ey, the side door of their van opens, I take Layla and we are on the road again. It was like something out of a movie. Zach told John and Chris that, "Aunt Terry just totally jacked Layla". I had to laugh, because I said the same thing to Donna. After Layla stopped shaking, she was running with the big dogs.

1 comment:

The Gunning Family said...

Layla probably had the time of her life!!! And, early morning phone calls are no problem - it's the middle of the night ones that freak me out! Love you ... Donna G