Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackie's in the Hospital

We have all been aware for some time that Jackie has not been herself, but when Donna went to take her to a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday, she found Jackie was bleeding from her bladder. Donna called 911 right away, and Jackie has been in the hospital since.
Donna called Kris, Kris called me and the testing began. When she entered the hospital they put a tube in to flush and cleanse. At the start the discharge was the color of (Kris's description) Merlot. By the time I left Wednesday, it was the color of fruit punch. Not as dark as earlier, but still enough blood to cause concern.
She had an ultrasound on Tuesday, a sonogram on Thursday and a cystoscopy on Friday.
Unfortunately, Kris was at the hospital alone when the news was brought to her that Jackie's bladder was infested with cancer. Kris called me with the news and broke down. I have been at the hospital for the last 2 days, and believe me when I tell I wish I had been there today when Kris got the news. I'm sure I would have made some off color joke to have made us both laugh.
Instead Kris got the news, and she was alone. It is so unfortunate that I have been there the last 2 days and my mom is probably totally unaware of my presence. Today, when Kris could have used a shoulder the most I wasn't there. For that I am truly sorry.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Well what kind of sister are you? Just teasing...I'm sure my mom knows you would have been there if you could have. My prayers are with Grandma. Hopefully God hears them even though I haven't been to church in probably 2 years!