Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Adult Outing

On Sunday Kris, Terry and I decided to have an Adult Outing.
We got tickets for the matinee, "Spring Awakening" playing at The Kennedy Center.
Since none of us wanted to drive into DC, we opted for the metro. We missed the train that would have guaranteed an on time arrival by seconds. I'm sure we would have made it if I didn't insist on helping Kris with the math involved in a 2 person, round trip fare. Kris had it totally in control until I stepped in. Funny how word problems have actually gotten harder as I've gotten older. So, as we approach the platform, we see our train slowly pulling away. 15 minutes for the next train, plus expected delays. Great. Now I have turned it into "The Amazing Race". As soon as we pull into the station, we run up the stairs and jump onto the waiting shuttle. We pick up our tickets from call waiting and go directly to our seats. No sooner do we sit down, then the lights go up. We made it just in the nick.
Walking into "Spring Awakening" I knew absolutely nothing about it, except Kris told me there were some masturbating scene that had some puritan sect up in arms. It was basically a coming of age piece set in the early 1900's. It amazes me how little things have changed when it comes to affairs of the heart. We have certainly come a long way in talking to our youth about the consequences that go along with sex, but I think that's because there is so much more involved.... Thank you Baby Jesus for dogs.
From the Theatre we went to P.F.Chang's for Adult Dinner. I used the gift certificate that John gave me for watching his dog Layla. I love Adult Outings!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Notice that Mr. Kevin didn't attend the "Adult Outing." Probably because he thinks he's as old as his students!!