Wednesday, November 18, 2009

3 Wishes.

Have you ever thought, I mean really thought, given the opportunity to have 3 wishes granted, what you would wish for. Of course if your running for Miss America, you would wish for World Peace, No starving children and Peace on Earth.
I took my 14 year old dog Bear to the vet yesterday, and 1 of my wishes would be for our pets to last the same number of days as we do. Bear has had Cushing Disease for the last 3 years, which has been kept at bay with twice weekly medication. His belly has been abnormally extended for the past few years which has been ultra sounded to make sure nothing else is growing inside. Yesterday, Dr. Etter drew blood to run another battery of test. The results should tell us if he has a thyroid problem. He has had blood in his stool from a medicine he's on for his joint pain, so that medicine will be replaced with something else. He has bumps and lumps all over. My poor boy is just getting old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have really, really thought about wishes and have been granted fine friends- furry and otherwise.

The greatest of all is our capacity to love beyond belief. I know you have experienced this with Bear so your wish has come true. You will both be fine always and forever.

Kathy said...

Its hard to watch those we love get old, and suffer in any way. I'm sorry to hear about Bear. I've seen how far he's come over the years with your love. He's lucky to have found you. Hang in there. Love you - Kathy

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear about Bear. He's in my prayers!

I'd like one of my wishes to be that I have baby Terry tonight because my mom will be here and I can't take the anticipation any longer!! I'd also like a bank account always full of money. Thirdly, I'd like my children to have all the happiness in the world!

Love you!