Friday, November 6, 2009

Famous Quotes

I think it was P.T. Barnum who coined the phrase, "There is a fool born every minute".
We recently had the 4th family meeting since my mother's passing. So many things came out at this meeting that I found myself speechless. If I were to put all my true thoughs in this blog it would turn into a book, and not a very nice one at that. So I have gone to my mentors for some of their views on a very troubling outcome.
Thomas Jefferson "He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a 2nd and 3rd time, till at lenghth it becomes habitual".
"Honesty is the first chapter of wisdom".
Abraham Lincoln "If you forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizen, you can never regain their respect and esteem".
Benjamin Franklin "Lying rides upon debts back".
Shakespeare "It's as easy as lying".
Barbara Kingsolver "The truth needs so little rehersal".
My 2nd Grade Nun " Always tell the truth. If you can't always tell the truth, don't lie".
and last but not least. "Figures never lie, but liars always figure".

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Here are a couple that I happen to like:
-

John F. Kennedy:
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic
-

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!

We are appalled!

dm

Sara said...

If I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...how about "this too shall pass"..love you, valerie