Monday, October 26, 2009

The Pressure Is Off

I always figure I'm writing this blog so the family can keep up with my activities. There are times when I have a hard enough time keeping up with my activities, so I have decided to keep you as updated as possible.
After 3 back to back trips, I have finally caught up with laundry, my dogs know who I am again and I'm about to change my summer/winter clothes out. Ho-hum.
Last weekend Terry's son Christopher, got married. After months of planning, the girl that I had lined up to work for me, called and said she couldn't. Okay, so now the scramble is on. I called everyone to see if they were free. Short of flying Ryan home I was stuck, so I broke the news to Terry who was not pleased. So the plan now is after closing on Saturday, I will head directly to The Omni in Philadelphia, arriving just in time for the rehearsal dinner. At the 12th hour Tricia called and said they were not taking the trip, so she could work after all. I called Terry 1st thing Saturday morning and told him I was on my way.
The wedding and reception was lovely. The DJ at the reception played all 70's and 80's music. People were actually doing "The Bump". The bump... can you believe it. I was sure the reason that that genre was chosen, was so all of us old folks could feel young again, and remember when staying up passed 10:00 was an every night occurrence. That's the way.. ah ah, I like it.. ah ah

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You would have totally been in the dog house if you missed the wedding!!

Anonymous said...

Clever Girl! You write so well- I love reading your posts.
I'm glad you had fun & now have good wedding Karma on your side. Winslow loves you!