Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If at First You Don't Succeed....

As most of you remember about a year and a half ago, I got Kris to agree to do a triathlon with me. What turned into the triathlon weekend from hell is now far behind us, and Kris has once again agreed to do another sprint triathlon. This one is much more convenient. The swim will be in the Severna Park Y pool, only 800 yards, and the bike (9.5miles) and run (3miles) will be on the B&A trail.
The triathlon is the 4th annual "Emily Schindler Scholarship Fund", held on April 24th.
Emily was a swimmer on the SPY swim team who was killed in a car accident in January 2004. Her parents established this triathlon to remember Emily's spirit. It is a great first time sprint triathlon. There won't be any elite athletes because this tri is not about the times you set, but about the time you have. The bike trail has a 15MPH speed limit. All in all it's just going to be a fun day. I don't know that it will be quite as organized as the Danskin Triathlon Series, but I'm hoping Kris gets as hooked as I have.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Why is it that I find out more about my mom from your blog than I do when I talk to her??