Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh, My Aching Back.

The Tuesday after the "Blizzard of 2009", I got to work early enough to do my usual thing, then I thought I'd run across the street to get a nice hot cup of coffee. Well no sooner do I hit the first step, then my feet come right out from under me and I hit the next two steps with the middle of my back and my bum. Holy, moly knocked the wind right out of me. I look around to see if any judges have scored my fall, then slowly, and I do mean slowly, get to my feet. I know I'm going to be sore, but I was so sore it hurt to talk. Have you ever been so sore you felt sick to your stomach? Well that's where I was. I called my Primary Care doctor's office only to be told that I should go to the ER where they can take x-rays. I call my worker bees to see if anyone could cover me, because I can't miss another holiday season day at W&W. Linda was baking cookies, but said she could be here by 12:00. Thank you Linda. I put calls out to neighbors and friends for rides to and from ER. The dogs were taken care of as well. I truly do have a great group of friends. Everyone I called dropped what they were doing to come to my aid. As a Gunning, I don't like to ask for help for anything, but it's really nice to know that when I needed it, all my friends came through. Thanks again.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So it's my Gunning blood that doesn't allow me to ask for help...now I know! I'm glad you didn't break anything on your fall! I'm sure it was a 10!