Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Simple Things

I am home from the ER, and realize how many things I just do everyday that I won't be able to do for awhile without a whole lot of pain. Little thing like get in and out of the car, bend in any direction, lay down, sleep, talk, breathe... Basically I'm a hurtin' pup. Kris, Donna and Kay have offered to come over if I need any help, but hey, I've got Terry.
Terry and I have made plans to spend Christmas Eve in Philly with his children, this was of course before my acrobatics off my shop steps. Granted I've got some pain pills and motrin, but a 3 hour car ride is not going to be fun. My problem with this whole situation is not once did Terry ask if I would be able to make the ride. I still would have gone, but just a little concern, please. We made a stop at a rest area for the dogs, who do you think had to bend over and pick up poop? As a mater of fact who walked them each and every time they had to go out? When we got back to Annapolis, Terry asked if he could do anything for me. I felt like saying, "Yeah. Leave". Do you know what he asked? If I wanted him to bring my laundry down. I in reply asked him if he was nuts. Even when I'm in the pink laundry is not a priority. Uuuugghh. I'm guessing the honeymoon is over.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hope Terry knows how you feel before reading this...or else the honeymoon will definitely be over!!