Monday, March 22, 2010

The Fun Begins

I know there are a million things I need to catch you up on like Tucson, Terry, my quilting, training for a half ironman that I signed up for when it was really slow at the shop, but I've got to tell this little ditty before I forget any details.

A few things need to be done at mom's house to get it ready for the market, so Kris and I decide to tackle Mom's room, and I do not use the word tackle lightly.
Kris and I were going to meet on Saturday after I got off work to start on "Operation Yuck". Fortunately for me, Kris had to go over earlier because she was taking Kevin's mom to "Godspell". I say fortunately, because before any painting could be done, the walls had to be washed down to remove the nicotine that had altered the pale pink walls to beige, and guess who got there first.
Now when I used to wash down walls, I used a bucket of hot water and 409.
Welcome to 2010, Donna has this little steamer called the "Shark", that when filled with water and put next to the wall, it pretty much strips all the nicotine from the paint. It also made it drip down the walls in such a manner that it could have been used for a scene in "Amnityville Horror". Thank Baby Jesus that the walls weren't red. Now as Donna is creating the next set for Nightmare on Elm Street with "The Shark", Kris is wiping down all the walls with a bucket of water and Pine-Sol, and all I can think is, "man, am I glad Kris had to take Jean to that play, or that would have been me". Instead I taped the trim and had a lovely conversation with Donna. I was done in 20 minutes and that was only because I took a 5 minute break for water. This isn't bad at all.....

No comments: