Monday, March 22, 2010

...And The Fun Keeps On Coming

Kris and I have decided to meet at mom's to start the painting. I have the paint and it's a beautiful day, what could possibly go wrong. I went to Home Depot on Thursday, so I would not have to compete with every guy in Anne Arundel County getting things for their honey do list. Home Depot on the weekends is my worst nightmare, it's no picnic during the week either, I think I'd rather poke my eye with a needle.
Kris is there when I arrive, so we get started. The room is only 13 x 13, we'll be out of here in time for a matinee. To avoid having to prime the walls, I got a gallon of Moonlight White with primer and the paint mixed together. I thought,"Great, what a time saver this is going to be". It became pretty apparent after putting on the first coat it was going to need two. SHIT!!
"Oh well we'll go to a later movie". I don't know how much you know about paint, but primer is not as easy to put on as regular paint. Well when you combine the 2, you might as well be applying Elmer's Glue. It was heavy, it would not spread evenly or smoothly, basically it was a smearfest. We are on our last wall and now it's becoming very clear, we are going to have to get another gallon. SHIT!!!SHIT!!! Home Depot on a Sunday, here we come...SHIT!!SHIT!!SHIT!!

No comments: