Monday, March 22, 2010

Never Laughed So Hard.

...Okay, we are heading to Home Depot and I am trying to stay positive. I do the polite thing, and ask if anyone needs anything while we're out, now I'm thinking something to eat, maybe a sandwich or salad. Well...Brian, God Bless him, needs something for the screen door he is working on, spline. Kris and I are both thinking,"What the hell is spline?", at least we had enough sense to ask him "How much?" When going to HomeDepot for paint, I'm fine, I know where, what color, how much and type (we opted to get eggshell with NO primer). Spline is a different story. Kris went one way, I went another. 20 minutes later we catch up to each other and find it, only to discover it comes in a variety of widths. Kris just slumped her shoulders and said, "Why isn't anything easy anymore". I just started laughing, it wasn't regular laughting, it was Home Depot on a Sunday laughing. Kris knew she only had a limited amount of time to get me out of there. (Oh yeah! we got one in each width).
We decided to get something from BurgerKing. Kris directed me to the drive thru like my Garmin, it wouldn't have been so bad, but it was in the same shopping center. As we sat at the menu board, Kris let me know, in her most gentle voice, the she thought we had to move up to order. Well that got the laughter going again. Then as I was gobbling my red meat and starting to feel normal again, I just looked around at the blue sky and the daffodills and said "Isn't is nice out, it's good to be alive", and Kris said, "Yeah and we're spending the day in the room of death". I almost wet my pants.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can only hope that Riley and Hadley have that much fun together when they grow up and have to clean out my room! Perhaps when the house is being show to prospective buyers the real estate agent should first show them the glamorous "room of death." It might get the house sold fast!

The Gunning Family said...

Please don't blog anymore until I send you the photos ... D