Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pre Race Tradition


Every triathlon that I have participated in has always included a pasta party the night before. It is actually my favorite part of the entire race.
For the serious athlete it is to build up on carbs for the up coming race, for me however it is because I love pasta. I really don't need a carb excuse, although it really does help.
This race was Kris's first triathlon, so I really wanted her to get the full experience.
Karen, my regular race buddy, popped something in her foot and is now in a cast for 8 weeks, and will not be participating. That's okay because nothing is going to stop Kris and I this time, especially because pasta is involved. After having Cesar salads and then splitting a pasta primavera at the local Squisito's, we head home. Due to the fact that I am constantly forgetting my camera, I made Kris pose in my kitchen for the post dinner/pre race photo.


Now it's about 7:45 and I'm heading up to bed, leaving Kris in the corner chair with her cross stitch. The last thing she says before I head up is, "I'm never going to sleep tonight".


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Where are my moms eyes??