Thursday, April 22, 2010

Roadtrip The Home Stretch

Day Three and I don't want to get back in the car. My muscles have turned into mush, and it takes me about 5 minutes to move body parts once I get out of the car. Thank Baby Jesus my seat warms up.
I do have to say that the Smoky Mountains were beautiful. When I first started the clouds were still hanging low enough that I was actually driving through them. So this is what it's like to have your head in the clouds? There were so many different shades of green on this portion of the drive that I was reminded of Ireland. I'm sure the Dublin Saga had something to do with that.
I then drive buy Virginia Tech, Justin's Alma mater, and know that I'm only 5 hours away. What a lovely area. When you've been driving for so long it is truly comforting to start seeing signs that you know.
The only hiccup I ran into was DC. I thought if I heard "Recalculating" once more I was going to throw the Garmin out of the car. I finally see signs for New York Avenue, and know I'm home free. I got home at about 3:45pm and know I will sleep well tonight. Scout and I have made it home.
Now I've got 2 days to warm up for my triathlon.

No comments: